Monday, January 22, 2007

blog for choice

It's Blog for Choice Day. The task is simply to blog about why I'm pro-choice.

I grew up Catholic and pro-life, and many people who know me have heard my story about being in First Friday mass in first grade when Fr. Salmon defined abortion. He hit a tiny plastic baby with a baseball bat, and explained that that is what abortion is. This is the image I lived with throughout my formative years and continue to live with as a gruesome, hyperbolic statement of hatemongering for wicked women. Upon letting go of Catholicism, the associated guilt, and ultimately religion altogether, I came to know what it really means to be a compassionate citizen of this world. It is a much better place when women can decide whether they're equipped to have a child, or to be a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home