Thursday, October 05, 2006

quote of the night

(This was Saturday, but I'm reporting it now.)

At Scotty's birthday, there was crazy karaoke. Toward the end of the night I sang the awesome and forever-long "I Would Do Anything for Love (but I won't do that)" by Meatloaf. Granted, I can't wholly credit my own performance for the reaction, since the crowd had been duly warmed up by fantastic renditions of Bon Jovi, Journey, Neil Diamond, Michael Jackson, et al, but I will say that only the Meatloaf inspired shirtless ecstatic dancing among several partygoers, one of whom was the birthday boy himself. Awesome. As the bar closed and we were leaving, one guy remarked, "The Meatloaf was the best song of the night." And I said, "Yeah, the shirtlessness made me feel pretty good." Then, one of the guys who had been shirtless and was walking ahead of me turned around and said, in quotable style:

It's the apex of human emotion, to get naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home