Friday, May 05, 2006

it's been like a hundred years since i've posted.

i exaggerate.

but two things:

my new favorite movie of all time is sherlock, jr., a buster keaton silent film from 1924. he's so genius. that movie is so awesome: it is simultaneously an homage/sendup of sherlock holmes, a metafilm, a jackie chan-esque stunt spectacular, and a laugh a minute. i'm not into freud at all, but watching that film with psychoanalyst goggles on (or even using retroactive psychoanalyst goggles) is spectacular. every window/frame in that movie is a vagina.

my new favorite poem of all time is the rime of the ancient mariner. it makes me wish laudanum would come back in fashion. i don't think i'd personally be into laudanum, but if more people were writing poetry whilst under the influence of it, poetry would be much more exciting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen McCormick Martens said...

thank you for posting again at last; I have been awaiting your snappy post with bated breath; well, gotta go, my laudanum is kicking in and I have to lie down on my fainting couch

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home