Wednesday, March 22, 2006

song of the day

Even though I went to see Belle and Sebastian last night, the song of the day is not one of theirs. It is a song written by one of my students from New York:

Allergies!
You make me sick
and I wanna punch
you in the neck
and if you had a neck
to punch you in I would
knock
you
out.

Those sentiments are ringing true for me today. She had a version in Spanish too, but I didn't learn that one.

But back to Belle and Sebastian! There aren't many bands whom I would more than about twenty bucks to see; moreover there are even fewer bands whom I'd see at the SF design center, a venue much better suited to gun shows than live music. But they worked it. They sang a fabulous mix of oldies and newies, they dance spastically, they sang "Piazza, New York Catcher" (their song about wandering around SF), and in true Bruce Springsteen style, they invited a girl on the stage to dance with them for one song. What an over the top rock star move. I loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home