Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Thinking about a couple of conversations I've had in recent and not-so-recent times about at what point in childhood we sort of acknowledge our own sexuality, and how that comes about. The interesting question to ask is what pop culture figures have been formative in that realization. Then the more interesting thing is to extrapolate to how that figure has or hasn't affected our current proclivities. The first person I can really remember being attracted to was David Bowie in his role as Jareth in Labyrinth. Is this why the thought of boys in eyeliner is so appealing to me now?

1 Comments:

Blogger mephistofales said...

Either eyeliner or the sock in the crotch! Does that mean you have a secret and compulsive love for "hair metal" hairdos?

I think my first really powerful crush was on the redhead in the Friday the 13th TV series, can't remember her name...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home