Monday, March 07, 2005

I'm more of a "leg dancer" than an "arm dancer"

This weekend was my initiation to the monthly dance event New Wave City. How I love to dance. How I'll just keep dancing if the music is good. How I did that this weekend. I can't remember the last time I danced with such abandon and stamina. Dang.

I also learned from some kind people at KQED this weekend how to use iMovie to make a short film using just still photos, an audio track extracted from a video recording and iTunes. It's ludicrously easy. A few months back I saw the film Tarnation, which was made entirely in iMovie and I was all dang, what a feat. Now I'm all, if you've got the patience and the periferals, you too can be a filmmaker. Apple is putting really powerful arts tools into the hands of the masses, and by masses I mean those who can afford new computers, but in any case I think it's a good thing. Of course it allows for a glut of crap, but what are you gonna do.

Currently writing a paper about gestalt and Marianne Moore. Mostly I just like to use the word gestalt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home