Sunday, February 27, 2005

i'm still a sorry saint

First big news is Malia getting a poem in Shampoo Poetry #23. I'm tickled.

Next big news is the Henry Darger documentary, In the Realms of the Unreal. If you can see it, see it. I am always saying how much I like documentaries that leave me feeling conflicted, and this one did not disappoint. Calls into question what is art, what is mental illness, what is genius, what is creepy. Plus, considering the fact that there are only three photos of the guy and virtually no sources for moving images with which to make a film, the animation that was created from his art was brilliant. Gah. Spectacularly creepy in the best possible way.

The Lovemakers are a really good band because they sound kind of Duran Duran-ish, actually inspire dancing among the hipsters, and the two singers make out onstage during the show and I don't care if it is a shtick it's hot.

This weekend was a bacchanal. I don't know what that was about, but my body seemed surprisingly ok with it.

Dance Dance Revolution: if I had it in my house I'd do nothing else but dance. End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home