Monday, March 14, 2005

happy pi day

(to the tune of holland 1945 by neutral milk hotel)

there is a mystery to me
in every circle that i see
a mystery that can be found
if you just take the distance 'round
and put it over distance 'cross
divide to get the ratio
the answer leaves me at a loss

the number that we see is pi
three point one four one five nine
and even more if i had time
my decimal that never dies

and now we must look through history
people wondered what this pi could be
even the bible guesses three
not close enough for me

archimedes had a guess
twenty-two sevenths was his best
and don't forget ancient chinese
with three five five over one thirteen
these numbers didn't quite align
and now we know with all our might
a fraction never could be right

the number that i love is pi
three point one four one five nine
and even more if i had time
my decimal that never dies

and here is the number pi
three point one four one five nine two six five
three five eight nine seven nine
three two three eight two six four six two three

and i'm so glad to see
the world agree
pi's as irrational as can be
let's sing the praises of my favorite number
pi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, this is great? Did you write it? Do you mind if I use it for a school project? I will be giving you full credit + citation. Thanks!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home