Saturday, July 01, 2006

he'll save children but not the british children

Here's my patriotism for the Fourth of July. On Canada Day, oddly enough.

Youtube is totally my BFF. This is so goddamn funny. It sort of jumps the shark at the end, but that's forgivable given such genius lines "he had a wig for his wig and a brain for his heart, he'll kick you apart, he'll kick you apart, ooh" and "he had a pocket full of horses, fucked the shit out of bears."

Wiki, of course, is my other BFF. Along with google. We're all in a BFF club and we've carved our initials in a tree in the park.

Back to reality. Curious about what exactly the referent is when I say "jump the shark," I turned to wiki, and it turns out I'm referencing Happy Days, when the Fonze literally jumps a shark on waterskis, signaling the apocalyptic lameness about to befall the show. I'd have thought the phrase was older. The article is surprisingly detailed and interesting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost died laughing - can you imagine the police report...? LJQ

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ellen McCormick Martens said...

STRANGELY ... tomorrow on my 365 sites per year calendar, is the site called jumptheshark.com! It catalogues "the exact moment TV sitcoms hit the skids".

6:30 AM  
Blogger Malia Jackson said...

I like the democracy of that site, that you can let your voice be heard when you see a show jumping the shark.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home