Thursday, January 05, 2006

fashion fashion fashion

Project Runway is a great television show. It shows that reality television isn't all depraved. The people who are on that show have real aspirations and real talent. I love fashion. Ever since I grew some self esteem--that was about senior year of college, if you haven't been with me for the ride--I started to understand the joy of expressing one's self through clothing. I'm going to be a knitwear designer at some point in the near-ish future. I'm in my "learning the rules so I know how to break them phase." Can't redesign a sock until I can turn the heel.

In unrelated but exciting news: Med school, in its ridiculous hazing "sink or swim" culture, subscribes to the "see one, do one, teach one" philosophy of procedures. I am going to be the "teach one" part of that algorithm for my roommate. So far I'm learning to do surgical knots ambidextrously and one handedly. Good times. Can't wait to learn how to suture. As long as I can substitute eggplant for pig's foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home